The Empowerment Action Program (TEAP).TEAP is a Capacity building, Empowerment and child development project formed by GHM though its management is autonomous of GHM. The project was founded by several individuals who supported the vision of Bishop Fred, who was concerned with the suffering and needs and problems affecting women especially single teen mothers, orphans and vulnerable children. Make a DonationBecome a Volunteer
To see a holistic transformation in the lives of less privileged women and children to see that they improve in their wellbeing in all aspects of life.
To build capacity of less privileged persons, empowering women and promoting holistic child development and to foster viable community development.
- Building the capacity of Community/Churches to be able to provide effective, appropriate services in their local areas.
- Empowering women especially single mothers, Widows and those affected by HIV/AIDS to become self-sufficient and self-reliant.
- Facilitating child development by providing them with basic care and support in their early childhood.
- To promote prevention of HIV/AIDS, providing care and support to the effected and infected.
Most the single mothers we so far have met are those who grew up as AIDS orphans, children from broken families and street children. Besides this, women’s vulnerability evolves from poverty and lack of proper parenting. Most of the single mothers are children of single mothers meaning this trend has been repeating itself and no one has ever noticed. Although most people are concerned about why children end up living on the streets, nobody dares to think of where they go when they grow up. Many of these and especially young women who are 30 years and below are 2ndand 3rd generation AIDS victims and many are living with HIV. TEAP seeks to reverse this trend and promote positive transformation and development.
Orphans and Vulnerable Children fail to go to school due to needs such as poor nutrition, lack of scholastic materials, bad sleeping environments, lack of meals throughout the day while at school to mention a few.
How It Works!
- Setting up service projects that intensify effective and appropriate services to the community, women, youth and children. This includes putting in place a project office facility, hiring technical staff, having strong implementation committees and acquiring tools and equipment.
- TEAP intends to build a children’s home with a School and vocational training center. Also to construct women’s rehab center for counseling, short stay and hospitality for those who have no place to go.
Empowered women will have tools and skills to enable them to increase in their economic productivity. – Women will be independent decision makers in matters pertaining to their lives. – There will be a revolving fund in place to help women increase on their income generation at household levels – Women will be aware of their God given human rights, property rights, children’s rights and health and wellness. – The will be a restoration of family and family values – Properly parented children will be change agents for the next generation and thus promote Christian family values, leadership and being good citizens of their generation. – The project will help Orphans and Vulnerable children (OVCs) in their short-term and long-term needs. – Every child will have access to education, clothing, meals, medical care where needed, social and spiritually empowered.
TEAP is focusing on, intensifying effective and appropriate services to women, youth and children.